Born in Saint-Louis of Senegal in 1968, Tristan Lofficial, pianist improviser and interpreter, lives in Paris.
From jazz to contemporary music, including the improvised musics, the theater and the ballet, he accumulates encounters and styles with Louis Denis Ott (first Violin in the Gulbenkian Orchestra), the Novecento Ensemble and Mario Garuti (contemporary pieces and creation), the Big Band Bleu Citron and of various jazz musicians, the choreographers Robert Swinston, Gianni Joseph, José Martinez, the theater directors Hélène Vincent, Christophe Lemaître, Nicolette Cook, the actress Danielle Volle (member of the Comédie Française)…
Dance accompanist in many companies and dance schools (Centre national de danse contemporaine, Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris, Opéra national de Paris...), Tristan Lofficial plays regularly on the big French and foreign stages and teaches piano and improvisation, in particular in the frame of workshops and Internships of choreographic accompaniment in France, Japan, Thailand and Italy.
Music and Theater
Tristan Lofficial creates "A Vif " of Daniel Besnehard (Director : Christophe Lemaitre - Theatre of Muselet, Scène Nationale / Théâtre du Rond Point, Paris / Theater of Angers, National Dramatic Center), "Van Gogh in London" of Nicolas Wright (Director : Hélène Vincent - Theater of l'Atelier, Paris). "Novecento : pianiste" of Alessandro Baricco (Director : Nicolette Cook - Helice Terrestre / Jacques Warninski, Pays de Loire) and accompanies Danielle Volle, member of the Comédie Française, in her composition "Au creux de toi" (Studio of the Comédie Française / Espace Actors, Paris).
Music and dance
Tristan Lofficial creates "Ensemble" for the choreograph Gianni Joseph (Le Manège - National theater). He interprets numerous musical scores for the classic and contemporary ballet of which "Scaramouche" (Darius Milhaud / José Martinez) - Tours in France, the U.S. and Japan, "Four Walls / Doubletoss Interludes" (John Cage / Merce Cunningham) and "Deli Commedia" (Pat Richter / Merce Cunningham), adaptation by Robert Swinson (CNDC Angers - Theater Onyx, Scène conventionnée Danse). Tristan Lofficial is also dance accompanist at the Centre national de danse contemporaine in the 1990s, then at the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris and the Opéra national de Paris between 2005 and 2019. He participates also at numerous workshops, residencies and tours with the Tanztheater Wuppertal, the Ballet du Capitole de Toulouse and the dancers Jean-Christophe Paré, Norio Yoshida, Catherine Verneuil, Bertrand Barena, Delphine Moussin, Bernard Boucher, Elisabeth Platel, Lionel Delanoë... and he teaches choreographic accompaniment as part of internships in France (CEFEDEM de Lyon, Centre national de danse Contemporaine, École nationale supérieure de danse de Marseille), Japan (Architanz in Tokyo), Thailand (Bangkok City Ballet) and Italy (National Dance Academy of Rome).
- Gala for the Association "Aux enfants d'abord" with Nathalie Dessay and Carole Bouquet, Paris Opera 2008
- Nagada fashion Show / Cairo Opera 2007
- Gala for "1000 children of Armenia" with Charles Aznavour and his friends, Palais Garnier 2007
- The International Ballet Academy Festival at the Kennedy Center, Washington D.C. 2006
- "Ensemble" for the profit of AIDS in the frame of the World Day against Aids - Le Manège / Scène Nationale 2005
Cabaret / Pop music
- "Le Cabaret de Minuit" (produced by CNDC Angers), with Marie-Christine Orry, Éric Larrondo, Francis Mioni, Grégoire Ibor Sanchez... Festivals Avignon 1990, Saint-Herblain 1991, Saint-Brieuc Art Rock 1992, Marseille Méditerranée 1994
- Tours and albums with singers Guy Demaysoncel (Olympia 1996), Annie Jeanne (Péniche Opéra 2004), Philippe Bilheur, Claudie Amirault (Emma Zita)...